Friday, January 6, 2012

SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.

My final project from Vivian Beer's Metal Furniture class at Penland School of Craft was this chair. Initially inspired by a very big, very soft arm chair that I used to curl up in when I was a small one; I tried to replicate that feeling of intimate comfort in a traditionally un-comfotable material: steel. Also because I had to transport this rather large chair back to my new home of Chicago from North Carolina in a small station wagon, the chair needed to be completely collapsible... Its starting to be a trend for me. I like really big things, but I don't have a truck, and I still need to be able to maneuver this large projects usually with the help of just one other person, therefore, everything has to be collapsible. Its actually a fun challenge for me. enjoy!

1 comment: